I liken IT, development teams in particular, to sports teams.
These teams are playing serious games, namely developing mission critical applications and systems for the organisations they serve.
We help “raise the game” for IT teams.
So maybe we need to look at what the “game” is? The objectives of the game:
- Understand what the business needs
- Help the business understand what can be done
- Develop applications that fulfil the need
- Develop quickly, as cost effective as possible and to a high quality
There are of course rules such as:
- Work with the business at all times
And the game, whilst intense, should be enjoyable.
So how about we “Raise the Game”?